Welcome!

Search

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Maybe it shouldn't be easy...

“Maybe the truth was, it shouldn’t be easy to be amazing. Then everything would be. It’s the things you fight for and struggle with before earning that have the greatest worth. When something’s difficult to come by, you’ll do that much more to make sure it’s even harder - if not imposable - to loose.”


A quote from Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen
I just read it and felt that you would all like to read it. 
I am at the 'epiphany' part of the book and I have almost finished it. :( Sarah is such an amazing writer, I always fall in love with her characters and want to know everything haha. Even the ones I don't think I will like. I become attached and get sad when the book finishes but the endings always leave me feeling happy as well, it's a weird feeling.
Sarah's books always inspire me to write a novel. There's just one problem though, I am terrible at starting anything. I can never figure out how to start a story, essay, song, poem but after I have started it they always end up waaay long. haha One time in year 8 I was writing a story over the last term, I wasn't trying to write a long story or anything but I spent the whole term writing and I never finished it because it was 14 pages long and I hadn't even got into the story yet...


3 little voices:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Sarah is an amazing author, even though I've never finished one of her books before :( I love her style of writing though!

Anonymous said...

ive never heard about her might just end up checking it out sounds very touching.

-cris

Unknown said...

wow how could you NOT finish them haha I get so hooked and caught up in the story!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com