Welcome!

Search

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Saving June...

I just finished this book by Hannah Harrington called Saving June and I thought it was really quite good. If you love yourself some good tragedy, romance, badass characters and amazing music I definitely recommend it. There is this one quote in there that sums up completely what music means to me so I thought I'd share it with you.

"'He took his pain and he turned it into something beautiful. Into something that people connect to. And that's what good music does. It speaks to you. It changes you.' Jake leans in toward me a little closer, voice softening. 'What I'm trying to say is, it's just nice, I guess, knowing that someone else can put into words I feel. That there are people who have been through things worse than I have, and they came out on the other side okay. Not only that, but they made some kind of twisted, fucked-up sense of the completely senseless. They made it mean something. These songs tell me I'm not alone. If you look at it that way, music...music can see you through anything.'"

Love your old friend, Maly Xx.

1 little voices:

Sophia said...

I love books! I'll make sure to check this one out. Especially because that quote totally inspired me.

xo, Sophia.
http://apoetscircus.blogspot.com/

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com